Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Dangerous Minds


This is digital photography that is supposed to represent a self-portrait. I chose this picture for my self-portrait for numerous reasons.  For instance, right now my life seem all over the place. I thought the messy branches in front of the ferris wheel symbolize that pretty well.  It is also a stressful time for me with all the million things I have going on so each branch represents something different. As for the ferris wheel it stands for how my life feels like it is a ride right now. How at one moment things will seem to be going really well, life looks beautiful just like at the top of the ferris wheel then it will drop and be not so great and you worry and its not a beautiful view anymore. The vicious cycle keeps going. Up and down, up and down.  I choose to do it black and white so really emphasize a dark time and I work on bringing out the different values of grays with a solid black and white to make the photo have pop and not dull boringness.  I think this picture demonstrates how I am feeling perfecting right now and I really like how it came out.

1 comment: