Monday, November 29, 2010

Ent - Treebeard?


In this digital photograph, my intent was to get really close up to the carving of the tree and show all the markings and characteristics of the surface.  I thought it was a really interesting piece because it of the expression in the face and that it was just in a tree in general. I worked on the contrast in both the black and white and color pictures to make the face really pop.  When I was taking the picture I tried focusing on the composition and not centering the tree and I like how the image came out. It gives the viewer a sad sense for the mood and makes one wonder what the tree is thinking.

2 comments:

  1. jeez Lauren, this one is awesome too. Just stop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh please, don't even start with me Pete, but thanks again :)

    ReplyDelete